Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 02:38:05 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        juha@saarinen.org ("Juha Saarinen")
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Not such good networking performance with FreeBSD

On 13 Dec 1999 23:06:08 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>> I dunno, but i'm switching to Linux if it'll double my DSL speed.
>> Somehow I doubt it's going to...
>
>Well, I was a bit surprised too... thought FreeBSD had the networking thang
>licked.

Are you sure its not a duplex issue with your network card ? If thats not
the case, it might be that if you are getting a lot of errors on your xDSL
connection. FreeBSD does not seem to fair well where there are a lot of
errors.  Have a look through the archives, there was a discussion about
this a few months ago.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)