Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:56:24 -0500
From:      Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netatalk - Mac OS X connection problem

>When exactly do you see the message?  Right after you login?

As soon as I hit the connect button after typing in the IP address of
the FreeBSD box or using
the afp address.

>Can you
>send your AppleVolumes.default

This just has the ~ (tilde) at the end so the home directory will get mounted

>as well as your afpd.conf files?

Everything in this file is commented out. In the file this is noted:
"The simplest case is to not have an afpd.conf"
I've always run Netatalk without anything in this file without any problems.

>Does
>the user you're logging in as have a valid shell?

Yes.