Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:51:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CF ?

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> Is there anyone here anyone that owns a wonderfull digital camera which
> use Compact flash to store pictures ? And what about download the new
> proggy taken by internet directly to the Compact flash used to do the hd in
> almost any palmtop ... And what wonderfull thing deleting the win95
> partition mantained only to do such things ....

I have a kodak DC120, and the small flash cards will fit, with a plastic
dongle thingy, into the normal PCMCIA slot of my vaio.

Using PAO the disks get recognised just fine as a wdc controlled hardisk;
which you can then dos mount. Depending on how you have formatted your
flash cards, you might have to patch your kernel to do FAT32.

> Thanks for your time and attention...

See the PAO list of supported devices,

Dw.