Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 16:45:06 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
To:        Mark Hughes <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Email proxy and Web filter

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 01:30:20PM +0100 Mark Hughes <mark@dvdnews.co.uk> wrote:
> For the web content filtering I'm going to use
> squid + squidguard (opinions anyone? specifically, how well would this run
> on a P133 for a few people simultaneously - probably no more than five
> though - i ask as i've heard squid can be quite resource intensive, but for
> so few clients would I be right in thinking that there won't be any
> problems?).

If you find that Squid is a little too "big" for what you want,
you might want to check out junkbuster in ports.  The junkbuster
website has lots of docs.  Also, there are lots of sample
cookiefiles and configurations around on the Net.  Lots of
up-to-the-minute sample configs.  It's small and doesn't require
much in the way of resources, yet it blocks ads, cookies, etc,
but lets you specify what you want to let through.

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net