Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:53:21 +0200
From:      Sebastien Chassot <seba.bsd@sinux.net>
To:        FreeBSD ACPI <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   system hang on halt and reboot - amilo pa2510

Hi,

I'm trying to debug basic acpi functionality on my notebook (6.2-stable
amd64). And I don't how to do so.

The problem :

When I boot with acpi enabled. The system is quite slow, keystrokes take
few secondes to be displayed and mouse pointer is very slow. When I halt
the system the shutdown process hang just before turning off or
rebooting.

With acpi disabled the system run fine but it won't halt neither.

I checked some points from acpi-debug's documentation and added DDB
support and ACPI_DEBUG (please note that I'm not use to debug :)  ) :

	- vmstat -i don't indicate an interrupt storm.

	- I tried use dumped rebuild ASL without any success.

	- acpiconf -s3 don't do anything but -s5 hang too.

I've put some file (boot -v, sysctl,... ) here
http://www.sinux.net/tmp/ACPI_debug/

I just wish to be able to turn on/off my notebook. Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Sebastien

PS: This notebook has an externe power on/off throttle's button it's
quite rare isn't it ? maybe meaningful ?