Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:10:42 -0500
From:      CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>
To:        Jim Pazarena <fquest@ccstores.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: filesystem types

Jim Pazarena wrote:
> I installed an amd 64 bit 6.2 freebsd with the default filesystem (on 3
> drives)
> and my MySQL seems to have a 4Gb limit. Is there another filesystem I
> can select
> which bypasses this limit?
>
> Where can I read about available filesystems on FreeBSD?

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000796.html

The above blog entry indicates that MyISAM tables on x86 platforms have
a limit of 4GB or around 4.2 billion rows, depending on create options,
due to a limitation in MyISAM's index algorithms.

It does say that the limit is raised on 64-bit platforms, so are you
sure you compiled MySQL for amd64?

The InnoDB storage engine does not have this limitation.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo

Furry Peace! - http://wwww.fur.com/peace/