Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 19:26:22 GMT
From:      Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.5 install woes

Hi,

I'm in the midst of a 2.0.5 install...made it past the network card,
got the binaries, started trying to re-establish the old system,
passwords, usr directories...

And I've hosed myself.  I don't seem to have the root password, and
I don't remember how to reinstall the old password database.

With the first problem, I thought I could just boot single-user and
change the password.  Well, it only mounts the / partition, and that
is read-only it seems.  I could mount the rest, I think...but that
still doesn't deal with this read-only problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brian Handy