Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 20:11:03 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems installing vtund port

Got a problem when trying to install the vtund port from the
ports collection.

All dependencies are checked out OK, but still the following error
occur when I do a make (or make install)

<snip>

configure:1919: checking for SSL Library and Header files ...
configure:1922: checking for md5.h blowfish.h
(end of "config.log")
*** Error code 1
Stop.

</snip>

Had the same problem on a FreeBSD 4.1, but that was fixed
easily by adding the crypto lib, which was forgotten in the install.
Thought I could fix the same under 3.51 but (in sysinstall) the it
only reports a DES option, no crypto option as in 4.1.
The problem still exists after installation of the DES lib.  There something
missing in the crypto lib but what, and how can I add the missing
files???

I hope I could get the thing working without upgrading to 4.1 on the system.
(Is it possible to upgrade a system from 3.51 to 4.x?)

I'm running 3.51 stable with SSH previosly installed.

And no, I cant reinstall with 4.1 on the server (nor want I) since its
located
in another contry.

PeTe