Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:28:35 +0200
From:      Enache Adrian <enache@rdslink.ro>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation busted

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 08:40:55AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> I had a working Linux world on my laptop.  I upgraded my kernel and
> acroread4 stopped working.  Now all I get is:

Is acroread4 multithreaded ?

Because since about 2 months all multithreaded linux binaries have
stopped working for me; I don't know if this because the new
glibc 2.2.93 ( I upgraded at the same time to RH 8.0 ) or something
in the linux emulation ( I couldn't spot any relevant change there).

I didn't have yet the time to investigate, but:
  - I could reproduce it with small multithreaded test programs.
  - It seems that the 'thread model' (i.e. what parameters are
  passed to clone()) hasn't changed in glibc 2.3

Regards
Adi