Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:26:15 -0500
From:      Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-pf@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PF in FreeBSD 10.0 Blocking Some SSH

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Jason Hellenthal
<jhellenthal@dataix.net> wrote:

> I've seen similar things happen on SSH, that were due to a combination of
> "scrub"ing and states expiring. Turning off scrub rules on SSH specifically
> cured the scenario for me but I don't see an indication of whether or not
> you are using that.

I am not using any scrubbing rules.

> You could also verify the states dropping by changing the optimization to
> conservative.

The problem does not seem to be happening today, so I will try this
when it happens again:
set optimization conservative

However, the problem does not interrupt my ssh session with the
server, so I don't think that its dropping an idle connection. It
looks just to be blocking some packets involved with a connection.