Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 03:33:13 +0100 (WEST)
From:      Jose Gabriel Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>
To:        Mike Del <repenting@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would anyone like to start a FreeBSD irda project?

Hi,

> I have finally figured out where my IR device is located in my
> Toshiba Satellite 315CDS and was wondering if anyone would like to
> start a project to add support for IR devices?

Yes, I'm very interested in a FreeBSD IrDA project. I've also met
Daniel J. O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> at the linux-irda list who also
seems very interested in doing things.

I have a Tekram IRmate 210 serial dongle, and I'm waiting for it to be
back in stock so I can ship another one of these to Daniel.

I'd be very interested in IrCOMM (including Palm III comms) support at
first, followed by IrLAN and not related to IrDA, a TV remote function
(possible with the Irmate 210)

Daniel is now gone for a two weeks holiday, however we will start work
when he gets back. We're planning on a user lever implementation first.

Regards,

Gabriel