Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 13:17:16 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache + threads under FreeBSD ...

I'm looking at getting a threaded Apache working under FreeBSD-STABLE (as
of this past weekend) ... if I start up the server and connect with a
browser, it doesn't send anything back, *except* if I kill the apache
server right after the connection ...

I've checked with the Apache folk, and someone pointed me to the STATUS
file, where I found:

============
    * Generate a good bug report to send to the FreeBSD hackers that details
      the problems we have seen with threads and system calls (specifically
      sendfile data is corrupted).  From our analysis so far, we don't think
      that this is an APR issue, but rather a FreeBSD kernel issue.  Our
      current solution is to just disable threads across the board on
      FreeBSD.

      MsgID: <20010828091959.D17570@ebuilt.com>
                testing with threads on FreeBSD.

                FreeBSD PR kern/32684: