Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:32:01 -0400
From:      Abuse <Abuse@Cogentco.com>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cogent Abuse Auto-Response

This is an automatic reply from the Cogent Communications Network Abuse
Response Center regarding the recent report that you sent to
abuse@cogentco.com.  We have received your report and Cogent thanks you in
advance for the notification of possible abuse of our network resources.

The current number of notifications that require investigations limits the
number of personal responses from the staff to senders and this might be the
only response you receive regarding your notification; however, we do
investigate each report.

If you are writing to report an incident of abuse by a Cogent customer your
report will be documented and thoroughly investigated.

For Unsolicited Commercial E-mail

Please always include the full headers to any unsolicited commercial E-mail.
Always leave the full message intact and never modified.
Always include the subject line of the UCE that you received.

For Unauthorized Access Attempts

If you are sending mail regarding a possible unauthorized access attempt,
port scan, or attack of any sort that appears to be coming from a Cogent
Communications IP address, please use the word ATTACK in the subject
line and also send to security@cogentco.com for proper filtering and
attention.

For all other types of abuse, please document and provide as much
information as possible regarding the type of abuse, any logs or URLs,
e-mails, etc that might help us with the investigation.

Sincerely,

Cogent Network Abuse Response Center
abuse@cogentco.com
http://www.cogentco.com