Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:31:57 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mounting Reiserfs partition from firewire

On Jan 28, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Hello,
> 	This is my first time trying to mount a Reiserfs 3.6 partition on
> a firewire drive in FreeBSD 6.0, and I was wondering if there were
> any additional things that I needed to look into as far as
> controlling the drive (resetting it for powerdown) and any
> additional things I need for mounting the drive (special partition
> setup, etc).
> 	The drive was originally formatted via Gentoo Linux  and I'm doing
> some forensics to see if I can retrieve some data since the drive
> appears to be seriously failing now.
> -Garrett

Ok, right. camcontrol is the way to do this. I have a problem though
because my drive doesn't show up in camcontrol devlist -v. I have
sbp, da, and firewire support built into the kernel.

Output:

root@hoover# camcontrol devlist -v
scbus0 on ahc0 bus 0:
<SEAGATE ST136475LC 0001>          at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
<SEAGATE ST373405LW 0002>          at scbus0 target 4 lun 0 (pass1,da1)
<SEAGATE ST136475LC 0001>          at scbus0 target 6 lun 0 (pass2,da2)
<  >                               at scbus0 target -1 lun -1 ()
scbus1 on sbp0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus1 target -1 lun -1 ()
scbus-1 on xpt0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)
root@hoover# ls /dev/
acd0            atkbd0          da0s1d          fw0.0
mdctl           pass2           ttyd0.lock      ttyv9           usb2
acd1            bpf0            da1             fwmem0
mem             pci             ttyp0           ttyva           usb3
acpi            console         da1s1           fwmem0.0
net             ppi0            ttyv0           ttyvb           usb4
ad0             consolectl      da2             geom.ctl
net1            ptyp0           ttyv1           ttyvc           xpt0
ad0s1           ctty            da2s1           io
net2            random          ttyv2           ttyvd           zero
ad0s1a          cuad0           devctl          kbd0
network         stderr          ttyv3           ttyve
ad0s1b          cuad0.init      devstat         klog
nfs4            stdin           ttyv4           ttyvf
ad0s1c          cuad0.lock      dumpdev         kmem
nfslock         stdout          ttyv5           urandom
agpgart         da0             fd              log
null            sysmouse        ttyv6           usb
apm             da0s1           fido            lpt0
pass0           ttyd0           ttyv7           usb0
ata             da0s1c          fw0             lpt0.ctl
pass1           ttyd0.init      ttyv8           usb1

Relevant dmesg snippets:

fwohci0: <VIA Fire II (VT6306)> port 0xe400-0xe47f mem
0xd9908000-0xd99087ff irq 5 at device 13.0 on pci0
fwohci0: OHCI version 1.10 (ROM=1)
fwohci0: No. of Isochronous channels is 8.
fwohci0: EUI64 00:11:06:66:40:00:18:33
fwohci0: Phy 1394a available S400, 3 ports.
fwohci0: Link S400, max_rec 2048 bytes.
firewire0: <IEEE1394(FireWire) bus> on fwohci0
sbp0: <SBP-2/SCSI over FireWire> on firewire0
fwohci0: Initiate bus reset
fwohci0: node_id=0xc800ffc1, gen=1, CYCLEMASTER mode
firewire0: 2 nodes, maxhop <= 1, cable IRM = 1 (me)
firewire0: bus manager 1 (me)

xptioctl: pass driver is not in the kernel
xptioctl: put "device pass0" in your kernel config file