Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:48:58 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [SUGGESTION] - JFS for FreeBSD

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

[ ... Hiten wants someone to GPLify FreeBSD ... ]

> I'm glad you took the time to read the marketting literature.
>
> The problem is that porting it is going to be a bit more complicated
> than just dumping it into src/gnu.
>
> Feel free to take a shot at porting it though, let us know
> when you're done.

FS porting to FreeBSD is actually pretty trivial(*), though some
transactioning changes to the FreeBSD VFS layer consumers (the
system calls and NFS server code) would be necessary to make
the journal roll-back function correctly, following a failure.

(*) Trivial: meaning grunt work is required; not necessarily an
    indicator of the amount of work, only the intellectual effort
    required for the job

-- Terry