Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:47:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
To:        "Brian T.Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        FreeBDS-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is mergemaster necessary?

Hello,

	When I log in to the CONSOLE, I get the follwoing:

Last login: Sat Feb  9 16:41:13 2002 from ntbox
Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE (MAIL) #0: Fri Feb  8 20:21:11 EST 2002
You have mail.
If you'd like to keep track of applications in the FreeBSD ports tree,
take a look at FreshPorts;

        http://www.freshports.org/

The last lines are the annoying "hints" that I am referring to.  There is
a different hint every time I log on, and they began to appear immediately
after I did make installworld and rebooted.

Just curious as to what changed between 4.4-R and 4.5-STABLE that is
making them appear.

Thank You,

Marco Radzinschi

E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com
AOL IM: CrackedBoy

Running FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE i386
 4:43PM  up 20:09, 1 user, load averages: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00