Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:46:45 +0400
From:      Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Rod Person <rodperson@rodperson.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with pkg-config and porting

Hello, Rod.

Rod Person wrote on 16.06.2013 22:34:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to create a port for dunst
> (http://www.knopwob.org/dunst/). It requires xscrnsaver.pc to build.
> I've found that it is located in the port.  I've
> created a Makefile that checks and installs that port, but even after it
> successfully installs I still get the following error:
>
> ===>   dunst-1.0.0 depends on shared library:
> /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc
> in /usr/ports/x11/libXScrnSaver
> ===>   Returning to build of dunst-1.0.0
> Error: shared library "/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc" does
> not exist
> *** [lib-depends] Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/home/roddierod/Projects/Ports/dunst.
>
> I've verified that xscrnsaver.pc does exist in the correct location.
>
> Here is what I have so far for the Makefile:
>
> PORTNAME=       dunst
> PORTVERSION=    1.0.0
> #PORTREVISION=  1
> EXTRACT_SUFX=   .tar.bz2
> CATEGORIES=     sysutils
> MASTER_SITES=   http://www.knopwob.org/public/dunst-release/
>
> MAINTAINER=     rodperson@rodperson.com
> COMMENT=        Lightweight notification deamon
>
> LIB_DEPENDS=    dbus:${PORTSDIR}/devel/dbus \
>                  freetype:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2 \
>                  cairo:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/cairo \
>
> /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xscrnsaver.pc:${PORTSDIR}/x11/libXScrnSaver

You need to add something like this instead:

Xss:${PORTSDIR}/x11/libXScrnSaver

The actual library configure tries to find is libXss.so

Please read more about how to depend on shared library in Porters Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html#makefile-depend

--
Regards,
Ruslan