Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:48:10 +0000
From:      Pierrick Brossin <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha and labels stuff

Bernd Walter wrote:

> You still have an fdisk table on the disk - just without partitions.
> In fact I don't know what detail sysinstall confuses - if I would then
> it should be easier to fix.

Well I'm home and I first tried to "fdisk /mdr" the HD so the mbr is
emtpy. Didnt work.
Then I decided to use my special (:D) IBM floppy which I use to low
level format HD or Zero fill HD. The low level format didn't work since
it's not an IBM HD I guess but the Zero Filling function worked.
But it's still the same thing, same error in the disklabel editor.

The HD is known to work perfectly. A friend of mine who was using
Windows XP on it gave it to me cause it was too small.

Any other idea ?

Regards

--
Pierrick Brossin
IT Employee - Quark Media House Switzerland