Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 23:07:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Foxman <afoxman@maxwell.syr.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   not really sure where this one goes...

I've been using FreeBSD for a few months (awaiting 2.2... :>) at work, and
I think it's great. Thoguh, when I was using the /etc/sysconfig script to
setup my machine as both and NFS server and NFS client (to the world as
well as itself -- this was absolutely unavoidable), it would not boot.
After some checking I found that the /etc/rc file mounts all nfs
mountpoints BEFORE loading the nfs client/server daemons, thereby cutting
off the possibility of my machine connecting to itself due to the lack of
the nfsd.

This struck me as odd, probably an obscure case which could almost never
occur. Well, here I am... :> Well, it doesn't hurt anything to put the
mount for nfs devices a few lines down (immediately after loading the nfs
client/server packages) and I thought it was worth mentioning. Guess it's
not a bug, but...

I know this probably going to the wrong place, but I would appreciate it
you could forward it to the right place and ask whoever to reply in
regards when they get a chance...

Thanks,

    Adam
Adam Foxman                     431 Watson Hall             315-443-8626 (8624)
afoxman@zombie.maxwell.syr.edu                              Syracuse University
afoxman@neptune.syr.edu                              Computer Engineering Major
Systems Programmer             Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs