Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:32:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting from vinum?

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru> writes:

Alex> Hello!  Is it possible to have a root partition on vinum'ed disk
Alex> and benefit from mirroring? If yes, how do I do it?

My current design for this type of situation is to have 64M boot
partitions and 256M swap partitions on each disk.  I then use some
number of the swap partitions and one of the 64Mboot partitions.
Since boot partitions don't change much, I just back up my changes to
one of the other partitions every so often.

Dave.