Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:39:23 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sebastian_B=F6ck?= <sebastianboeck@freenet.de>
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: databases/postgresql72 is dying

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Sebastian B?ck wrote:

SB> Ade Lovett wrote:
SB> > FYI.  Prior to the postgresql new-world-order in ports/, I have now tagged
SB> > databases/postgresql72 (current version 7.2.5) as DEPRECATED, with it
SB> > being removed from the tree on or about 1st January 2005.
SB> >
SB> > You are *strongly* urged to upgrade to either 7.3.x or 7.4.x
SB>
SB> Have you considered that 7.2 is the last Version that doesn't have
SB> schemas. Out there may be some / are lot of applications that depend
SB> on this behaviour.
SB>
SB> I'd vote not to remove the port.
SB>
SB> Just my personal opinion

Hmm, have you any info regarding schema-aware postgresql doing
counter-intuitive when not using dot-notation?

The only thing I'm thinking about is splitting system relations and user
relations between two schemas in 7.4, but even that should not be an issue as
lookup method is (or at least seems) safe to this.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***