Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:48:00 +0400
From:      =?UTF-8?B?0K7RgNGC0LDQudC60LjQvSDQkNC90LTRgNC10Lk=?= <fxp@corp.iskratelecom.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4TB twa RAID, geometry problem ?

2009/4/28 Андрей Юртайкин <fxp at corp.iskratelecom.ru>:
 > hi,
 > On my FreeBSD 7.0 system (one scsi disk + PCI SATA 4TB RAID, twa)
scsi disk
 > with system failed, so i get new one install FreeBSD 7.0 on it (using
 > another box) and than plug it in. But can`t get RAID to work.
 >

 >Check man bsdlabel up.
 >
 >COMPATIBILITY
 >     Due to the use of an u_int32_t to store the number of sectors,
BSD >labels
 >     are restricted to a maximum of 2^32-1 sectors.  This usually
means >2TB of
 >     disk space.  Larger disks should be partitioned using another
 >method such
 >     as gpt(8).

Yes i know about it, but it recognizes as:
ls -la /dev/da0*
crw-r-----  1 root  operator    0,  77 Apr 28 17:23 /dev/da0
crw-r-----  1 root  operator    0,  80 Apr 28 17:23 /dev/da0s1
crw-r-----  1 root  operator    0,  93 Apr 28 17:23 /dev/da0s1c

and

#gpt show da0
        start        size  index  contents
            0           1         MBR
            1          62
           63     3571210      1  MBR part 165
      3571273  8589937079

but there was a 4TB slice with important data, i didn`t touch RAID - so
it`s should be there...

i didn`t remeber was it gpt or not :(

And yes hdd failed during reboot so RAID filesystem should be clean.

--
           С уважением,
           Юртайкин Андрей Абилькасымович