Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:57:00 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: feature request for xargs

* Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com> escriuréres
> On Thursday 20 June 2002 03:50 am, Juli Mallett wrote:
> = > >   Log:
> = > >   That's right, you can shove your xargs(1) issues in my
> = > >   direction, and also glad to review changes to it.
>
> Something like ``xargs -j<N>'' which would spawn off up and wait for up
> to N processes. Currently it acts as if N was 1. Specifying 0 should
> mean no limit at all. Flag ``-j'' to resemble similar feature of make.

Tim J. Robbins and I have been discussing this for a while, and Tim had
a patch.  I'm CC'ing him, and I'm sure if he still has diffs, he'll be
glad to send them here for review I'm sure.

I'd been hesitant on this, until we were clear on how it could and would
be used, but an arch@ review is probably enough :)

--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger jmallett@FreeBSD.org