Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:49:17 +1100 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        Henri Michelon <Henri.Michelon.ML@iiriam.fr>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pxe booting problem

Henri,

FYI - this is my dhcpd.conf.  I didn't have to enable
a lot of the options you had in yours:

"
# dhcpd.conf

# define new options
option nfs-swap code 128 = string;
option swap-size code 129 = integer 32;

# option definitions common to all supported
networks...
option domain-name "jansen.org";
option domain-name-servers 203.57.68.5, 203.57.68.5;

ddns-update-style ad-hoc;

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;

authoritative;

# Use this to send dhcp log messages to a different
log file (you also
# have to hack syslog.conf to complete the
redirection).
log-facility local7;

subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range dynamic-bootp 192.168.0.13 192.168.0.20;
  use-host-decl-names on;
  option routers 192.168.0.8;
  option broadcast-address 192.168.0.255;
  if substring (option vendor-class-identifier,0,9) =
"PXEClient" {
    filename "pxeboot"
  }
  option root-path "192.168.0.1:/diskless";
  option nfs-swap "192.168.0.1:/nfs-swap";
  option swap-size 10240;
}

host host12 {
   hardware ethernet 00:02:55:70:86:e8;
  fixed-address host12.jansen.org;
}
"

I found pxeboot in /boot on my 4.4r system and after
the  config file for ISC DHCPDv3 is in place and DHCPD
is started things work great.  I needed to make sure
the /tftpboot/boot/loader.rc existed and that I copied
my diskless kernel to /tftpboot/kernel.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Paul

 --- Henri Michelon <Henri.Michelon.ML@iiriam.fr>
wrote: > Le Mardi 30 Octobre 2001 14:30, vous avez

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Manage your files online.