Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:30:02 +0200
From:      Hendrik Hasenbein <hhasenbe@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        Monah Baki <mbaki@whywire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quicktime Trailers

Monah Baki wrote:
> Hi all, I'm trying to setup a Freebsd 5.1 machine to be able to watch quicktime trailers from
> apple's website. I installed from ports:
> qtutils
> libquicktime
> openquicktime
>

> However, the site tells me I'm still missing a plugin and can't view the trailer. Any help will be
> highly appreciated.

To get a plugin in your browser I recommend to use ports/mplayerplug-in.
That should allow you to view the trailer. If you get no sound, don't
worry. That's not your fault. Some new trailer use an audiocodec which I
only got in the latest windoze qt-player. It won't even play sound on a Mac.

Hendrik