Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:03:51 -0700
From:      "Elitetek" <freebsd@tekrealm.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1r laptop Configuration

has anyone had any experiance with freebsd on a laptop?
I am having a problem with the pcmcia nic (network card)
Freebsd picks up the card alright, but i can not make it
configure the card at startup, so services like apache error out

i have tried a few different things i seen, adding lines to rc.conf like
such:

ifconfig_ed1="inet my.ip.address.hidden netmask my.netmask."
then seen that i should use

pcmcia_ifconfig="inet blah.blah.blah.balh netmask my.netmask"

and it doesnt seem to pick it up

i have also tried compiling the newcards kernel, and it doesnt seem
to help either..

the card is an IC-Card (really really generic, seems to be happy
with the linksys 16bit drive ed1 thou)

any suggestions or resources that may help?

thanks in advance

EliteTek