Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:59:50 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Panic on 'kldunload snd'

Hi Folks!

I just started playing with all those modules that are compiled during
buildkernel, and was very pleased to see my SoundBlaster AWE64 correctly
probed and configured when I did a 'kldload snd'.

However, I was (slightly) less pleased to discover that a consequent
'kldunload snd' paniced the kernel. This is on a (cvsuped last night)
-STABLE box.

I did a bit of a dig around in the PR database and also in the mailing
list archives and I _think_ this type of thing is a known problem with
the modules system. If this is the case, apologies for the waste of
bandwith, but I thought I had better mention it.

If anyone is interested however, I do have dump from the panic. Which is
good actually because I had enabled crash dumps, but -stable has been so
bloody stable I'd never had a dump to play with in kgdb before :-)

Thanks

Andrew.