Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 2003 01:56:16 -0500
From:      stanislav shalunov <shalunov@internet2.edu>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on IBM ThinkPad T30

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:19:21PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> From: stanislav shalunov <shalunov@internet2.edu>

>> /boot/loader.conf to read:
>>
>> hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
>> hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000"

> boot0cfg -B -o packet ad0

Kevin,

Thank you very much!  That booted the system.  I still get kernel
messages from the an driver; it recognizes the Cisco Aironet card,
but the card doesn't work, and the kernel complains about timeouts.
Sometimes the machine seizes up for 30 seconds or so, when no input is
accepted from the keyboard (not even console switch sequence), but then
it returns to normal.  Is the builtin wifi card supposed to work with
FreeBSD on this machine?

I'll try to use your kernel configuration tomorrow, but I'm not sure
the machine is in good enough shape to compile a kernel...

Thank you again,				--Stanislav