Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:12:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        ptacek@dashmail.net
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: modem program... Help

(hmm a crosspost to -hackers and -questions, is that good?)

In article <015201bf7f4d$ac963e00$0301a8c0@Ptacek> you write:
>Thanks to all that replied... I have the +++ <2sec. delay>ATH<CR> working.
>
>I guess my only question now is how do I access the DTR, CD, etc signals
>from my code.  Is there an example somewhere?  I have looked through the
>termios man file but couldn't find anything?

Well the normal `unix' way to watch for CD is to turn off CLOCAL,
then you'll get a SIGHUP when the modem loses its connection.
(thats where that signal's name comes from, hangup.  people have
dialed into unix boxes over modems long before the internet got
popular...)  and to drop DTR you just do the equivalent of a `stty 0'.

 simple, eh? :)  (once you know it...)

 HTH,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>