Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 10:51:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Fredriksen <fredriks@Mcs.Net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fonts went weird on me

Hi,
	I am running 3.0 current and XFree86 3.2. The other day I ran
mkfontdir since there were some fonts seemingly missing when I ran the
corel Wordperfect java thing. After that all the fonts that are being
used inside xterms, on title bars etc, are specled and have pieces of
the characters missing.

At first I thoght that I was getting a scaled font instead of fixed, but
the problem shows up if you just echo a line of text into an empty (cleared)
xterm. Editing with the fonts work fine in the sence that backspacing does
erase the characters, but the characters them selves are only halfway there.

Needless to say, this situation makes it very hard to read the text on the
screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lars
Lars Fredriksen		fredriks@mcs.com		(home)