Date:      13 Dec 2002 20:23:28 +1300
From:      James Pole <james.pole@paradise.net.nz>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyrix CPUs, was: Re: Repeatable crash from nautilus2

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 18:48, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> James Pole wrote:
> > I think the fact Cyrix isn't very popular these days
>
> Ain't the VIA C3-CPUs everyone wants likes so much CYRIX-Technology, too?

They have less than one percent of the market. I have, personally, never
seen a Cyrix/VIA-powered computer over the past few years. Looking at
benchmark scores, Cyrix is always near the bottom. Even a Celeron at
could probably beat a C3 processor at twice the clock speed....

Everyone I know uses either Intel or AMD processors. Intel/AMD combined
probably have around 90~95% of the market, with Cyrix, Transmeta,
PowerPC, SPARC and other RISC processors battling for the rest.

I've seem more Apples than Cyrixs, and that says a lot...

- James