Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:26:04 -0400
From:      Jason Garman <jgarman@wedgie.org>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-ISO

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 03:47:54PM -0700, David Greenman wrote:

>    Actually, ftp.freebsd.org (ftp.freesoftware.com) has an uncongested gigabit
> link now - I moved it to a different ISP a few months ago. It's pushing out
> a mere 150Mbps of traffic right now, so there should be plenty of headroom. :-)
> It's on the east coast, however, so your milage may vary depending on where
> you are.

Unfortunately, that ISP doesn't seem to have many peering agreements in
place and most paths to it (at least from the locations I have access to)
go through mae-east, 'nuff said.

From my experience: internap, uunet, and exodus go through mae-east to
reach that machine; qwest is the only provider from which i've seen decent
connectivity to that site.  Over the others I'm lucky to get ~12KB/sec
during the day.

traceroutes available on request -- i'd love to be able to slurp down the
4.1 iso from our colo space at exodus at a reasonable speed :)

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                         http://web.wedgie.org/
Student, University of Maryland                          jgarman@wedgie.org