Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26722: pam errors with new port of imap-uw

The following reply was made to PR ports/26722; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To: Rob Simmons <rsimmons@mail.wlcg.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:43:23 +0200

 On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 11:03:48PM -0400, Rob Simmons wrote:
 > Apr 19 22:56:45 mail ipop3d[85317]: unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_open_session

 Use something like this:

 imap    auth    required        pam_unix.so
 imap    account required        pam_unix.so	try_first_pass
 imap    session required        pam_deny.so
 pop3    auth    required        pam_unix.so
 pop3    account required        pam_unix.so	try_first_pass
 pop3    session required        pam_deny.so

 The pam_unix module does not have session support, so we do not use it
 for session management. Be sure to read up on pam.conf(5).

 Please close this PR. This information is corrected in my latest update
 to the imap-uw port: ports/26808.

 Cheers,

 --
 Anders.