Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:32:33 +0000
From:      "steve" <freebsd-questions@spectrumcs.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem building sysutils/syslog-ng v3.6.1_1

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure I'm posting this to the correct mailing list. Forgive me =
if I have, and I'd be very grateful if you could point me in the right =
direction.

If I have posted to the correct location, here is my problem...

#uname -a
FreeBSD XYZ 9.2-RELEASE-p12 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p12 #0: Mon Sep 15 =
18:46:46 UTC 2014     =
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

# /usr/sbin/pkg version -vIL=3D
syslog-ng-3.5.6_4 < needs updating (index has 3.6.1_1)

I have three servers which where installed with FreeBSD 9.0 back in Feb =
2014. As a matter of course I keep these servers as up to date as possible =
though the ports tree. I also periodocally upgrade them to latest stable =
version of FreeBSD via freebsd-update. Obviously I've let that slip a =
bit!

Towards the end of October a update for syslog-ng appeared in the ports =
tree, but I've been unable to compile it on any of my three servers, via a =
portmaster -DaG or a cd /usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng/ && make install =
clean. It fails with undefined reference to `get_installation_path_for'.

---------------------------------------
  CC       lib/tests/lib_tests_test_host_resolve-test_host_resolve.o
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c: In function =
'test_resolve_sockaddr_to_hostname':
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:238: warning: implicit declaration of =
function 'basename'
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:238: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:239: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:240: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:241: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c: In function =
'test_resolve_hostname_to_sockaddr':
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:264: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:265: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c: In function =
'test_resolve_hostname_to_hostname':
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:300: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:301: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
lib/tests/test_host_resolve.c:302: warning: assignment makes pointer from =
integer without a cast
  CCLD     lib/tests/test_host_resolve
  CC       syslog-ng/main.o
  GEN      syslog-ng/syslog-ng
syslog-ng/main.o: In function `get_installer_version':
/usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng/work/syslog-ng-3.6.1/syslog-ng/main.c:98: =
undefined reference to `get_installation_path_for'
syslog-ng/main.o: In function `main':
/usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng/work/syslog-ng-3.6.1/syslog-ng/main.c:198: =
undefined reference to `main_loop_global_init'
/usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng/work/syslog-ng-3.6.1/syslog-ng/main.c:248: =
undefined reference to `main_loop_read_and_init_config'
/usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng/work/syslog-ng-3.6.1/syslog-ng/main.c:271: =
undefined reference to `main_loop_deinit'
Makefile:5911: recipe for target 'syslog-ng/syslog-ng' failed
gmake[2]: *** [syslog-ng/syslog-ng] Error 1
Makefile:9846: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng.
*** [stage] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng.
Exit 1
---------------------------------------

Googling for get_installation_path_for has found nothing.=20

Grepping for get_installation_path_for in the work dir seems to indicate =
that that function is defined in ./work/syslog-ng-3.6.1/lib/reloc.c

As a test I've tried to compile this port on two other FreeBSD boxes. One =
a FreeBSD 10 and then a FreeBSD 9.2 (in VM) and both complete =
successfully, however neither of these boxes had had syslog-ng installed =
or compiled on them before.=20

To be sure my ports tree wasn't broken somehow I deleted /usr/ports/ and =
preformed a "portsnap fetch extract"

This feels like a upgrade problem to me, but I'm unsure what to do next to =
try and get this port to compile.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Kind regards
=20
Stephen Scotter

DISCLAIMER
This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have =
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and =
then delete it.=20
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, =
copy or distribute this email without the author=92s prior permission.=20
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software =
viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any =
attachment to this message.
We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software =
viruses.
The information contained in this communication may be confidential and =
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.=20
If you are the intended recipient and you do not wish to receive similar =
electronic messages from us in future then please respond to the sender to =
this effect.