Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 11:14:27 +0000
From:      curtis <ufkartfm@pacific.net>
To:        "freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   multia - pid 5 (init), uid 0:exited on signal 12

target machine: digital multia/266mhz/64mb - serial console

(smile) well, i didn't pay attention to 'Murphy' (this time) and did a
'rebuild' of the (2 floppy disk) netbsd distribution (which went well).

[successive install steps elided]

now, when i 'boot dka0 -file freebsd', everything 'sails' (very fast)
until it gets to the end of the 'cd0' initialization and then starts
doing this:

cd0 at ncr0 bus 0 target 6 lun 0
cd0: <MEDIAVIS RENO CD-ROMX2A 2.04> Removable CD-ROM SCSI2 device
cd0: 3.300MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [295967 x 2048 byte records]
pid 5 (init), uid 0: exited on signal 12
Nov  1 18:16:11 init: single user shell terminated, restarting
pid 6 (init), uid 0: exited on signal 12
Nov  1 18:16:17 init: single user shell terminated, restarting
[snip]
and continues going through the pids' (i've let it go to pid 140 and
stopped it - and after this message goes out, i am going to let it run
to see where it ends up).

does anyone out here have a working 'multia' (serial console) kernel...
and if so, would you email it to me... please?

i would like to do a compare before i put everything back to where it
was before this weekends install.

tia,
--
curtis - ufkartfm@pacific.net - site administrator for Nobody
      I want Nobody to control my life!  How about you?