Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2010 19:57:45 -0500
From:      Michael Patrick <michael@techiesplace.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command

Good evening folks

This weekend a friend and I upgraded our server to FreeBSD 7.3 using a =
source upgrade.  The building and installing seemed to go well.  In =
general rebuilding of ports to use the new libraries is working with the =
exception of PHP 5.3.2 extensions.

If we do, for example, portinstall php5-ftp (but not limited to just =
this extension) the extension DOES install but during the make step =
where it creates the /var/db/pkg entries it errors with=20

pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command

We've rebuilt ruby, the portupgrade tools, PHP itself, PHP's =
dependencies and still getting this error for the extensions.  =46rom =
+CONTENTS I headed to looking at the .PLIST.mktmp file in $port/work. I =
see what I'm pretty sure is Bash (the shell) as the first part of the =
file and then what would be expected in the file.

The .PLIST.mktmp file generates during the 'make generate-plist' step =
but I've been unable to determine exactly what that step is doing when =
dealing with a php extension.  I'm hoping someone here can point me =
toward what runs to generate that file for a php extension.

Michael=