Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:52:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disk drives

> Question for the class...is it possible to plug two disk drives into your
> typical laptop at the same time?  (In particular the TP560.)  I need to
> build another drive for a guy, but I'd like to just plug it into the
> innards of my thinkpad, copy the salient bits over and then swap it into
> his machine.  It wouldn't even have to *fit* inside the case for this.
> Seems like a stretch, but sure would be nice...

If you get it working, let me know.  We couldn't find a way to do it
earlier this week, and did it from scratch (using Windows in our case,
but we couldn't even get two 'drives' hooked up at the same time.  I
suspect with dump/restore it would have worked, but I still would have
had to go 'install' the stuff and partition the disk before-hand.

Nate