Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:18:00 -0800
From:      "Koroush Saraf" <koroush@pacbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Running NAT on a single interface

Hi All,
I like to run NAT on a single interface gateway.   I like it to translate
between private addresses and the public one which is connected to my DSL
router.  Is that possible?  I'm not asking whether its a good idea or not, I
like to know whether BSD is flexible enough to allow that, and if so, how
does it distinguish which addresses are on the "outside" and which ones are
in the inside, since the interface flag will not be much help in this case.

thanks,
~koroush