Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:38:21 -0500
From:      Ryan Frederick <ryanrfrederick@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Requesting Committer Attention for ports/184011

On 3/15/14, 6:26 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 15/03/2014 22:28, Ryan Frederick wrote:
>> I'd appreciate your help Matthew. I don't intend this patch to be an
>> end-all and be-all commit but rather a stopgap commit as part of
>> transitioning to a fork I've made of the original upstream
>> (https://github.com/rfrederick/check_ports). The original author ended
>> development three years ago, and since I use the port daily I'd like to
>> bring it up to speed as far as pkgng and staging support goes.
>
> OK -- no problem.  Adding staging support is trivial.  See
>
> https://redports.org/browser/matthew/net-mgmt/nagios-check_ports/Makefile?rev=24309
>
> If you're going to switch to a new fork of the code, then lets do that.
>  I take it that means you're going to want to host the distfiles
> somewhere else?  You can do it from github if you need to, but it's
> probably easier if you just make a tarball and stick it on a webserver
> somewhere.
>
> Anyhow, send me what you have as a diff against the current port, and we
> can take it from there.  Or rather, we can take it from there
> /tomorrow/.  Time for me to retire for the night.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I'd like to try hosting the files from github since I'd like to try out
their release functionality, but if it looks to be too much of a hassle
I'll find somewhere else to host a tarball.

I'm out of town right now and have a very busy week ahead of me, so I'll
take things from this point when I have a chance to.

Ryan