Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:50:39 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/games Makefile ports/games/tetris Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist ports/games/tetris/files mktetristarball patch-Makefile patch-pathnames.h

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:51:22 +1000
Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org> wrote:

> > > <200304021018.h32AIJw7058207@repoman.freebsd.org> you write:

> > > but we (FreeBSD)
> > > and have agreed
> > > documentation.  Sorry,

Do we have a list (as we don't have the right to use them in
documentation it has to be somewhere on e.g. freefall) of such cases,
where we have to take care of some trademarks and aren't allowed to use
them?

I'm not a lawyer, but is this (not being allowed to to refer to the word
"Tetris" in documentation) in agreement with "the" law? I had the
impression, that I'm allowed to publish docs which refers sometimes to
names of trademarks in it as long as I tell everyone about the owner of
the trademark (or by putting in a paragraph you may see in a lot of
technical books which may fail to mark a trademark and list the owner of
it and put the paragraph in to be on the safe side).

Bye,
Alexander.