Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:41:17 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi0 almost works with Wavelan Turbo card

I am looking for help with getting a Lucent Wavelan Turbo ISA (Bronze) card running.

Having read a few posts about the Wavelan IEEE 802.11 card not working with
the wi driver I thought I would give it a go anyway with the turbo card.

I installed a Wavelan Turbo PCMCIA card in my Toshiba 2520CDT notebook, and
an idetical card with the Wavelan ISA adapter board into an Advantech 6154
Slot PC. Both computers are running FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT with their IRQ set
to 10 in pccard.conf, all other settings are default.

It sort of works, the notebook end seems fine, but the Advantech end keeps
coming up with the same error on the console every few seconds when there is
traffic between them:

wi0: oversized packet received (wi_dat_len=24576, wi_status=0x2000)

No such error on the laptop.

When the error occurs ftp or whatever you were doing stalls for a bit then
continues.

Any suggestions?

- Ernie.