Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 21:33:18 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Things are going well...

Hi!

First off, thanks to the folks who've sent me e-mail making suggestions.
I'm back on track there.  It seems like every time I do this there's a
certain amount of pain involved, and I like to spread it around.  In that
vein, I have two more questions...and one suggestion.

(1)  How do I re-install the old password database?  I'd RTFM, but I've
     tried that and I can't figure out where to look.

(2)  I'm now fighting the XF86Config install.  Before I was running
     XF V3.1 I believe, and I had a working XF86Config file.  I thought
     I would be clever and just use that file again with V3.1.1...but
     that doesn't seem to be the case.  (Monitor is a DEC 20" multisync
     thingy;  card is 2MB #9GXE64.)  So far...I've done a MAKEDEV to
     generate /dev/tty00, which is what I had before with 1.1.5.1...is
     this wrong?  (Oh, BTW, it's a serial mouse.)  I haven't sorted out
     exactly what it is the X stuff doesn't like yet.  Work in progress.
     Suggestions and moral support welcome.

(3)  Which leads to my suggestion...I went for the basic user install,
     which is to say binaries and XFree, no sources (figured I'd grab
     the kernel later).  What would be useful to have with the XFree
     distribution in ANY case would be the docs that show up in
     /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/docs.  Those didn't seem to come along.  They
     would certainly be nice to have!

Thanks again for the help I've gotten so far...wish I didn't require it
so much...

Brian