Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:55:26 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Received mail timestamp is off by 7 hours

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 03:11:19AM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

I agree, I run ntp on every single computer I own, but I was talking in
general.  But for a server, I'd expect them to use UTC anyways.  The
only advantage I see to local time is support for other oses or reading
the time in the bios, neither of which will probably be a big deal on a
server.  And for desktop users, they may not bother running ntp or even
be on a network.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2