Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:40:21 -0500
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        zbigniew@szalbot.homedns.org
Subject:   Re: php 4.3.10, manual installation

--nextPart1462454.HvVG2MbC4s

On Monday 09 July 2007, zbigniew@szalbot.homedns.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently have php 4.4.7 on my FBSD machine but due to some
> requirements I need to downgrade to php 4.3.10. It will be for an
> offline machine so I am not worried about possible security holes
> but I would like to ask how you would advise me to downgrade?
>
> 1. Delete php using pkg_delete?
> 2. Unpack 4.3.10 sources and... yes... what should I do here?
>
> Just copy them where php gets installed by default?
>
> I am not able to use port for this (I usually install all software
> via portinstall) as this version is no longer maintained.
>
> But I'd appreciate your help. I do not want to make mess on this
> machine as I have it quite nicely customized so I thought I'd ask
> for your advice.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Zbigniew Szalbot

I would take a look at cvsweb.freebsd.org and find out when PHP 4.3.10=20
was in ports, then roll back your ports tree to that date with cvsup=20
and install it from ports.

So in this case the commit that updated the port to 4.3.11 was on Mon=20
April 4 2005, so if you roll back the ports tree to April 1 you'll be=20
fine.

You'll need cvsup for this.

In your ports-supfile add the following line:

*default date=3D2005.04.01.00.00.00

If you have the current versions of gettext, libtool, m4, perl, and=20
expat installed you can simply roll back the lang directory with=20
cvsup, saving you from rolling back the entire tree by commenting out=20
ports-all, and uncommenting ports-base and ports-lang

Otherwise, if you want to install the versions of the dependancies=20
that were current at the time of php 4.3.10 you'll want to roll back=20
the entire tree.

After you run cvsup you can just portinstall it or=20
cd /usr/ports/lang/php4 && make install clean

HTH

=2D-=20
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel