Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:02:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Kersten <tomkersten98@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FIXED: really easy java question

To Everyone who helped,

Thanks...I have no idea why it is working now, but, it
is. Thank you for your patience and tips along the
way. Obviously it was a mistake on my part because I
did not have to change any config. files. When I
relogged in this morning everything worked fine. I had
restarted last night...??? Hmm...I don't know, I must
have done something stupid like not edited my PATH
variable until after I restarted...that's is all I can
come up with. I do have one quick question though...I
was under the impression that if I edited my path
variable and typed "rehash" it would re-initiate that
variable. Because that didnt' seem to happen, I am
assuming that the "rehash" command just re-initializes
all files in the PATH variable that was defined at the
last login. Is this correct?? Is there a way to
re-intialize your PATH variable without having to
re-login?

Thanks again for your patience,

Thomas