Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 08:05:42 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, <jdp@polstra.com>
Subject:   Re: Proposal: Kernel API version -> param.h

> As for that portion of things, I have previously stated that I was
> unable to make CVS fail as you indicated. Although I requested
> additional clarification, you never provided me with an sample case
> where it did.

You *really* want me to dig this up publically, since I have the email I
sent you that states the failure case, which I tested locally.  (FWIW,
you're patch is still in my CVS testing tree, since the change to
log_accum.pl is not the problem, but the problem was in the cronjob that
used the information to set a time-stamp).

> I do not consider the automatic removal of the stamp from unauthorized
> branches to be a "failure", as such.

There are no such things as 'authorized/unauthorized' branches in CVS.
You will break people who use branches, which is unacceptable.  You even
admit now that branches will cause problems with your solution, and I
don't even have to drag out the email I sent. :)

You're already made your case for me, so I'll ignore further email on
the topic.

Nate