Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 02:33:02 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Fisher <ceo@FisherAircraftCorporation.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

On 2002-08-24 08:52 +0000, David Fisher wrote:
> We are looking for a replacement for Windoze 2000 in our servers
> and, having not found what we need in Linux, would like to consider
> FreeBSD.

Hello,

First of all, I'm glad you are considering FreeBSD as a possible
solution to whatever it is you're trying to do.  I hope you do
eventually find the right platform to run your services on (regardless
of it, the platform, being FreeBSD or something else).

> However, perusing the various web-sites has not told us what we need
> to know.

What is it that you want to know?  The web site contains a ton of
information but it all depends more on the requirements that *you*
have, instead of the web site contents.  This list that you posted
your message to is the right place to ask general questions about
FreeBSD.  A lot of knowledgeable people, many of whom are the
developers of FreeBSD themselves, frequent this list.  Perhaps, if you
stated your requirements more clearly, it's going to be easier for
anyone who knows the answers to reply to you.

> How can we find a live human who might take a few minutes to talk to
> us about this?  We need someone whose knowledge and expertise are
> 100% bulletproof, having wasted much time and effort in past on
> software which had been hyped well beyond what it could actually
> deliver.

What you describe is a reasonable expectation.  As I noted above, the
replies that you will get from this list and other, more specialized,
FreeBSD mailing lists originates, a lot of the times, from the people
who wrote FreeBSD and continue it's development.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "take a few minutes to talk us", so
my suggestion is that you write down what your requirements are and
post to this list (Cc: me if you want too, to make sure I won't miss
your reply).

Cheers,

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve <> http://www.FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Aug 21 22:08:19 EEST 2002

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--