Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 21:48:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Recommendation needed for real time monitor

Don't know if this is the right list for this, so point me in the right
direction it I'm wrong.

Given the available hardware supported by FreeBSD, what are your
hardware recommendations for a machine capable of handling 31
simultaneous serial connections at 19200? This is a real-time machine
monitoring situation, not dial up users. Data is bursty and
non-compressed. I need to insure worst case with no buffer overruns.

Thanks

-- Jay