Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 19:57:58 -0700
From:      "Brian H. Nelson" <bhn@datakinetics.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp/udp problem

Hi...

first Id like to praise the quick and informative responce i got last
time i posted here... *cheer*

Anyway... When my system is booting, i get messages from the varios
deamons that tcp and udp are unknown services...
syslogd gave it first, so i started it in secure mode (dont use udp)
and was able to see many deamons giving me this message...
Can this be since my net card isnt hooked up (but i have it configured
like it was hooked up)??

Also... How do you run something in X? Its not like any X ive used
before
(linux or sco) no menu or start button or icons or anything... just
a term window and a clock... do i still need to install another package?

And one last one... I installed the ports collection when i first
installed, how do i browse/install them now?

Thank you again and many happy returns or something...