Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2013 22:40:49 +0000
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@qxnitro.org>
To:        "Klaus P. Ohrhallinger" <k@7he.at>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp.at.freebsd.org offline // replacement

On 7 February 2013 13:21, Klaus P. Ohrhallinger <k@7he.at> wrote:

> The University, which provided the only offical FreeBSD mirror for
> Austria, decided to stop it and already did shut it down.
> So now there is not even one mirror for Austria.
>
> I have resources and also I have been providing mirror service for
> other opensource projects since years. What do I have to do to get
> the DNS authority for at.freebsd.org? The staff at the university
> told me to ask the persons responsible for FreeBSD's mirror network.

So currently at.FreeBSD.org is run by ns[12].wu-wien.ac.at. Are those
the people you have talked to?

Running mirrors and running the DNS part does not have to anything to
do with each other, but if wu-wien.ac.at prefers not to run the DNS
anymore we can just pull the zone back into the main FreeBSD.org zone,
and then create records ftpX records for your server in the zone.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org mirror admin / clusteradm etc.